Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 153
Slingshot (1990's) back to life!!
  • arcNETWORK : arcPLANE - arcHELI
      Thanks

Default Slingshot (1990's) back to life!!

Hi Guys,

Here is my Slingshot flying finally with a YS115 in it. It's the original Dave McFarlane version for the 90's (Hanno 61 design with retracts). I had it stored as a glass fuse and foam cores for years but got it out of storage and built it. I had the YS110 in it at first, however it was too unreliable. The YS115 so far has been absolutely perfect, hasn't missed a beat, and pulls like a train, even on it's rich settings at the moment. Here are the 2nd and 3rd flights on the engine still dialing the plane in and getting used to it as well (haven't flown it for 3 years!)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyLmULFPoYs"]Slingshot (1990's) F3A YS115FZ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOGEJcoffUA"]Slingshot (1990's) F3A YS115FZ - Part2 - YouTube[/ame]
      Last edited by Brendan; 02-04-2012 at 02:11 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Brendan For This Useful Post:

Teara (03-04-2012)

Thanks

That motor does sound good. Thanks for the video Brendan.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Teara For This Useful Post:

Brendan (10-04-2012)

Thanks

thanks Teara if you are after an engine for your 90 size plane (or overpowering a 60 size one) i'd definately recommend one, really happy with it.

Will try and get some good flying video this week

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Brendan For This Useful Post:

Teara (10-04-2012)

Thanks

I'll keep it in mind Brendan. I have two Saito 100's plus a new 115 still in its box for the Waco thats next on the production line, so I'm pretty right for the moment. So happy with the first Saito 100 I had to buy another. The second was bench run last week for the new model, started literally first flick by hand after oiling up and priming. Modern engines have come a long way from the ones years ago.