Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 153
Skin Cancer
  • arcNETWORK : arcPLANE - arcHELI

Thread: Skin Cancer

Thanks

Default Skin Cancer

This is a graphic reminder of the dangers of skin cancer. Although this is related to surfing, it still has relevance to RCer's because the nature of flying lends to spending large amounts of time standing around under the sun.

This is from a bloke who posted this as a warning to other surfers to be vigilant when doing what we love outdoors.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trippergreenfeet For This Useful Post:

gp109 (16-04-2014)

Thanks

My father died of skin cancer late last year after a long horrible battle. 64yo. Too many days as a young man out in the sun. It's a very real danger to everyone. The last two years of my old mans life I couldn't wish on anyone for any reason.

My wife had a skin cancer on her neck removed 10 years or so ago which would have killed her in 6 months untreated. Everyone including the doctors thought it was nothing to be worried about but just in case ......... results sent everyone scrambling. She would have been about 28yo at the time I guess. No long days in the sun as a child for her just bad luck.
      Still praying it doesn't come back but it never completely goes away after it's been in your system.
      Last edited by Griffin; 16-04-2014 at 01:17 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

propwash (16-04-2014)

Thanks

Sorry to hear that Griffin...1 in 3 Aussies get skin cancer, it's certainly is the silent killer.

This morning at the safe start meeting at work skin cancer was the daily safety topic, then straight after that I see the post on Swellnet. I felt obliged to post it up as a rather brutal reminder that we all put ourselves in danger far too often, and that danger is very real.

Thanks

Considering a health tan is really just a well roasted chicken often with a life span not much longer.

Thanks

my mum has and still roasts herself, in the old days she would plaster herself in oil for that great roast colour, she is lucky nothing has happened at 87, l use 50 block out and don't forget your sunnys
      The Hidden Content are here to help you.
      Hidden Content | Hidden Content is your friend | Hidden Content