Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 153

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
FPV 5.8GHz set up
  • arcNETWORK : arcPLANE - arcHELI
      Thanks

Default FPV 5.8GHz set up

I'm looking to FPV my old glider. I'd like to get a 5.8GHz system with a power output of 600mW. I've looked up the MAAA rules for flying FPV and ACMA site but there are currently no rules for FPV use with very short time and low disruption frequencies. This is currently under review with CASA and ACMA which is good. Hopefully with RC groups lobbying for strict use guidelines for the hobby such events as FPV 250 racing will be common and RC club flying better understood.

I did find this tidbit

In order for us to use higher powered vtx, it has been stated "The ACMA however accepts that the analog video from model aircraft as telemetry in the 5.8 GHz ISM band for the purposes of operation under the LIPD Class licence."
      Power levels of 5.8 telemetry are as follows (Radiocommunications (Low Interference Potential Devices) Class Licence 2000 - Schedule 1 - 26.

Telecommand or telemetry transmitters):

1W
      2. 5725–5795
      3. 5815–5875
      2W
      5795–5815

From the people asking about FPV use on there models the reply has been to take a common sense approach. Use C ticked equipment, use a spotter, don't fly above 400ft, don't fly near an airfield and if you see an aircraft land immediately. Those wanting to use UHF equipment need a HAM licence or other of the appropriate level for their equipment.

CASA have an issue with people flying high in aircraft lanes with large models. Not very surprising that.
      Last edited by Griffin; 26-08-2015 at 10:35 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

rubbishcop (30-08-2015)

Thanks

My FPV goggles have arrived. Waiting on the radio equipment now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffin For This Useful Post:

rubbishcop (30-08-2015)

Thanks

Radio equipment arrived earlier in the week and I've soldered it all together. Just plugged it in and it all works perfectly even though three house walls.
      Last edited by Griffin; 05-09-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Thanks

Fitted out I now have a FPV model to start to learn on