Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 153

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Still flying having a ball
  • arcNETWORK : arcPLANE - arcHELI
      Thanks

Default Still flying having a ball

G'day everyone. Just checking in to see what people might be doing. I'm still flying regularly at my club but that about all.
      Everyone else still active?

I picked up a slightly broken FMS 1400mm FW-190 for $100 from a club member after talking about my repaired FMS 1470mm B-25 I was flying that day. I tend to pick up bent models, fix them and fly ATM. I've repaired it and it flies great.

I also picked up a 1470mm DC-3 for $120 which was fine but needed some cosmetic love.
      Slightly modified, resprayed and printed decals for the Uiver scheme in the 1934 Londen to Melbourne race. It flies beautifully and I'm perfecting my scale flying to it draws very positive comments from other club members.

My Seafury is flying really well too after I rebuilt the retract mounts using ply and blind nuts. Fitted oleos with soft springs to handle the considerable weight it has.

Plus the 1370mm Corsair and the FMS 1400mm Stuka, plus .................

So what's everyone else flying?

Thanks

Hey Griff, flying has been a bit patchy of late. The weather has put the brakes on there but have managed a few sessions in the last 2-3 months. My time has been taken up somewhat in the last couple months with 1/10 drift cars. Haven't done a lot of drifting but buying and selling radios and chassis to get to the point I'm happy with what I have now and going to settle into it. Works well actually, where our club is the drift track is 5mins from it and the RWD sessions are Sunday so I fly Sunday morning till the wind takes over, or I've had enough then trundle over to the track and drift for a couple hrs. Good RC fix.

Re-furbishing an old Albatross glider ATM, peeled the covering and made a couple small repairs and fitting spoilers. Almost to the point now of re-covering. The old Extra 300S "Patty Wagstaff" is still sitting on the cupboard patiently waiting. Picked up a few electrics, Beast 60e, PA Extra MX, PA Addiction XL.
      Cheers.....Darren
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Deliberate straight and level flight is.....STRICTLY FORBIDDEN......Hidden Content

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoverin For This Useful Post:

Griffin (30-08-2016)

Thanks

Drift looks fun. I've watched it b4 and seemed to be all about timing and throttle management.

Thanks

Just moved 600k to a new job , haven't flown for about 2 years due to the crazy hours I was working , anyway now in Manjimup WA and looking for fellow flyers out there if anyone knows of some, so I can start having a ball again!
      3D Hobby Shop Addict
      Current 3DHS Fleet
      40" Edge, 41" Edge 540, 42" AJ Slick - 2 of these suckers, V3 47" Extra SHP in red
      47" Edge, 49" Sukhoi, 48" Vyper, 51" AJ Slick, 57" Extra 330 SC

Others, Sebart Angel 30E,58" Extreme Flight Extra ,48" Extreme Flight MX-S EXP,73" Dolphin Co. MX2, 48" Skywing MXS, 39" Skywing Sbach All nice and clean electrics , and controlled by glitchless DSX9

The Hidden Content are here to help you.
      Hidden Content | Hidden Content is your friend | Hidden Content